Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
a_bodesy
Contributor II
Contributor II

Set up role-based access in Qlik Cloud

As my company moves to Qlik Cloud, I'm hoping to be able to set up some role-based access for users. I'd like to have a configuration where a user with "analyst" role for example is able to see only specified spaces. We previously configured this in Qlik Sense with custom security rules that allowed us to create logic so that "analyst" role could see Finance, Accounting, and Marketing streams, for example. But "executive" role could see all of those streams, plus the Executive stream. I tried creating a new role/permission in the Management Console but wasn't sure how to tie together roles with each space. Any recommendations would be appreciated!

Labels (1)
  • Cloud

4 Replies
PrashantSangle

In qlik cloud, we can achieve this by simply giving access to that user to respective space  in space details > members> add respective members to space 

Use below link to understand more in detail 

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/cloud-services/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/Spaces/managing-managed-...

Regards,

Prashant 

Great dreamer's dreams never fulfilled, they are always transcended.
Please appreciate our Qlik community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂
a_bodesy
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

@PrashantSangle thanks for the link. That technically would work, however I am trying to avoid having to manage at the User level like that. If a user needs access to 10 separate spaces, then I'd need to add them as a member to each space 10 separate times. But if I could assign a user to a role, and then a role to specified spaces, it would make managing users less manual. Hoping that makes sense.

Leigh_Kennedy
Employee
Employee

To avoid having to assign at the user level, you need to assign permissions at a group level.  Groups should be attached to the user's login information by the Identity provider if it's configured correctly.

PrashantSangle

Hi @a_bodesy ,

In Qlik cloud, you will not get similar type of security rule concept. As @Leigh_Kennedy , suggested you can create a group in AD then give access to that group to respective space.

Regards,

Prashant Sangle

Great dreamer's dreams never fulfilled, they are always transcended.
Please appreciate our Qlik community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂