Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MaryseC
Contributor III
Contributor III

customize the Getting Started menu?

Hi, our company is moving to Qlik SaaS but is not ready to allow our professional user to upload their own data and create apps.   Seem like we cannot yet block this feature so we plan to create a script that will run every 30 min deleting anything they create in personal spaces.

now thing is that in the Getting Started "menu" on the left, there are links to videos and training that explain how to create an app or load data.  we don't want to display these to the users since we don't allow this type of activity.

Is there a way to remove the menu or pick and choose its content? 

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Hi @MaryseC ,
this would be a feature request so, please, suggest the idea to our product team.

Thank you very much, have a great holiday time!

Daniele

Daniele - Principal Technical Support Engineer & SaaS Support Coordinator at Qlik
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Hi @MaryseC ,
this would be a feature request so, please, suggest the idea to our product team.

Thank you very much, have a great holiday time!

Daniele

Daniele - Principal Technical Support Engineer & SaaS Support Coordinator at Qlik
jljoliet
Contributor II
Contributor II

It is crazy that your PM team can't figure out how to allow this to be toggled on an off. It is obtrusive and unnecessary. 

jljoliet
Contributor II
Contributor II

Another year has passed and the Getting Started still in the Way. How about a Product Manager respond and tell us all why it is there?  Its like Apple Making you read an overview of their OS everytime you log on. 

Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Hi @jljoliet , we have some changes for the Getting Started section on the roadmap.
Please, suggest anything that would improve your experience on the ideation page: that's the way to reach out to the product team.
https://community.qlik.com/t5/ideation/ct-p/qlik-product-insight 

jljoliet
Contributor II
Contributor II

Thanks for the link. An update to my issue:  I had bookmarked the qlikcloud sign-in link on first sign on.  That created a bookmark with the tentant/gettingstarted url.  I deleted the url and signed in, then created a new boomark and it now properly opens to my home page.