Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mario_segal
Contributor
Contributor

100% Stacked Bar with Conditions on Set

I am trying to build a 100% stacked chart, however I have 2 filters on the chart that I applied as set conditions too

a specific quarter using a variable, and a specific  cross border grouping (we have 3 types), in addition I have a dimension of [Year Qtr] and a dimension of [Region] on teh chart - the region is for bar colors, and the quarter is because otehrwise I can't do the stacked (even though it is filtered to only one)

if I do this

sum ( { $<[Year Qtr]={"$(last_quarter)"}> +  <[Cross Border 3 Values]={'Intra'}> }  [Fraud Net Det Amt USD])

I get the correct values for my variable of interest

But when I add the divisor

sum ( { $<[Year Qtr]={"$(last_quarter)"}> +  <[Cross Border 3 Values]={'Intra'}> }  [Fraud Net Det Amt USD])

/

sum ( {$ <[Year Qtr]={"$(last_quarter)"}> +  <[Cross Border 3 Values]={'Intra'}>}  total [Fraud Net Det Amt USD])

I do not get the some of those values, so the % do not add upt o 100%

I understand the total is somehow negating the selections or one of them, but I do not know how to fix this

Any help will be appreciated

3 Replies
mario_segal
Contributor
Contributor
Author

I guess I figured out my question,

(sum ({$ <[Year Qtr] = {"$(last_quarter)"}, [Cross Border 3 Values]={'Domestic'}> }  [Fraud Net Det Amt USD]) )

/ (sum(total  { <[Year Qtr] = {"$(last_quarter)"},[Cross Border 3 Values]={'Domestic'}, [Iss Region]=>} [Fraud Net Det Amt USD]) )

Does anybody has a link to a good reference on set functions, it took me a while to find that [Iss Region]= will apply to total across that one only

Digvijay_Singh

This would be very helpful. I got it from community only, so credit goes to whoever shared it over here.

mario_segal
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thanks, very useful document