Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sevvalk
Creator
Creator

About filter pane

Hi,

I have two date dimensions. I want to when the first date dimension is selected, second one was automatically select same time.

Labels (7)
2 Replies
Sayed_Mannan
Creator
Creator

There are multiple ways to achieve this, Let's try using the Pick function in Qlik Sense. This function allows you to create a calculated dimension that can automatically select values based on the selection in another field.

Here's how you can do it:

Create a new calculated dimension in your chart or table. The expression for this calculated dimension should use the Pick function to select the value of the second date dimension field based on the selected value in the first date dimension field. It would look something like this:

=Pick(Match(FirstDateDimensionField, SecondDateDimensionField), SecondDateDimensionField)

Replace `FirstDateDimensionField` and `SecondDateDimensionField` with the names of your first and second date dimension fields.

Now, whenever you select a value in the first date dimension field, the Pick function will match this value with the values in the second date dimension field. If it finds a match, it will automatically select this value in the second date dimension field in your chart or table.

Please note that this solution assumes that the two date dimensions share the same date values. If the date values are not the same, you might need to adjust the solution accordingly. Let me know if you need further assistance!

Anil_Babu_Samineni

If you have associate values in second dimension how the filter you want to be?

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful