Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
2bxornot2b
Contributor II
Contributor II

Access Rights via Data Load Editor

Hi guys,

I have a question regarding access rights that I haven't been able to solve yet.

We are using a company version of Qlik Sense, so access rights are an important issue. Unfortunately, in our office we don't have the right to manage these rights via qmc.

So I tried to find out about the functionality of access rights and wrote this:

SECTION Access;

LOAD * Inline [
ACCESS, USERID, COUNTRY
ADMIN, user1, *
USER, user2, samplecountry
];

SECTION Application;

user1 and user2 are our official user IDs that we are registered with in qmc (I'm user1), COUNTRY is the column in the Excel file that I uploaded to Qlik Sense and samplecountry is a possible content of the column.

2 Problems occured:

1) Even though there were no mistakes found, I wasn't able to publish the report. This was manageable by instead publishing it first and then including the section access and, afterwards, the table.

2) My colleague, user2, was able to open the report, but he wasn't shown the sheet I created. We tried managing this by giving him the same rights as user1 (me), but even though he deleted his cache, it didn't work.

I'm suspecting that maybe the global access rights (not being able to use qmc) might be the problem.

Or am I missing something crucial here? Do I have to add anything else?

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
andoryuu
Creator III
Creator III

Try removing the * from your admin line. Also make sure that you're including the domain with the username. Finally, we've found that making sure not only the field names are upper case, but the values as well has had a difference.  I'd expect this to be like the following:

LOAD * Inline [
ACCESS, USERID, COUNTRY
ADMIN, DOMAIN\USER1,
USER, DOMAIN\USER2, SAMPLECOUNTRY
];

View solution in original post

1 Reply
andoryuu
Creator III
Creator III

Try removing the * from your admin line. Also make sure that you're including the domain with the username. Finally, we've found that making sure not only the field names are upper case, but the values as well has had a difference.  I'd expect this to be like the following:

LOAD * Inline [
ACCESS, USERID, COUNTRY
ADMIN, DOMAIN\USER1,
USER, DOMAIN\USER2, SAMPLECOUNTRY
];