Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
s_gallego_iberm
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Access to shared folder on another machine.

I have the qliksensev server installed on two servers and I want to access a folder from server A to server B. In data connections I can not see this folder I tried to connect a network drive without success, the shared folder has not either worked.

Tengo el servidor de qliksense instalado en dos servidores y quiero acceder a una carpeta desde el servidor A al servidor B. En las conexiones de datos no puedo visualizar dicha carpeta he probado a conectar una unidad de red sin éxito , la carpeta compartida tampoco me ha funcionado.

Data connection.PNGCarpetas.PNG

2 Replies
rittermd
Master
Master

I have done that with my test environment using a folder on my production server.

I just used UNC in the data connection setup like this:

\\QSS-1\Includes\

QSS-1 is the other server and Includes is the shared folder on that server.  Works fine.

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

As Mark says, you can just type in the path.  Counter intuitively, you need to click to the right of where it says Computer in a box.

You can use z:\, provided the drive is mapped for the user that is running Sense as a service.  It is best not relying on this, and a UNC path is better.  In your case this will be:

\\172.24.34.81\datos\

Note that the service account running Qlik Sense server will need to be granted read rights on this share for it to work.

Hope that helps,

Steve