Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ruthie09
Contributor III
Contributor III

Add chart reference line in dd:hh:mm format

Hi.  I'm not even sure how to express my question in a way that would return search results so I figured I'd ask it here.

The ask:  How can I add a reference line to be positioned at 01:12:00 (a duration interval of 1 day and 12 hours) to the chart (see screenshot)?

Relevant info:  I have a chart that compares the average time it takes to resolve incident tickets where the duration is displayed as dd:hh:mm.  The formulas used to achieve that result are:

interval(avg({$<IncOpenedBySD = {'Yes'}> * $<IncAssignedToCompany = {"*CompanyA*"}>} IncTimeToResolve)/1440,'DD:hh:mm')

interval(avg({$<IncOpenedBySD = {'Yes'}> * $<IncAssignedToCompany = {"*CompanyB*"}>} IncTimeToResolve)/1440,'DD:hh:mm')

Those work great and produce the blue and purple bars shown in the image.  What I'm trying to do is chart the target duration of 1 day and 12 hours, so that users can see whether or not the companies are hitting above or below the target.  I have no idea what to enter in the reference line expression field.

Help?

Ruthie09_0-1613485731835.png

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ruthie09
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I got it!  I used some of what Nicole had and figured that since it was an interval, it must want a calculation.  So thanks to @Nicole-Smith for leading me in the right direction.

=interval#(2160/1440,'DD:hh:mm')

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Nicole-Smith

This should work:
=interval#('1:12','D:hh')

Ruthie09
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Alas, it did not.  It tried to put something in it and then it went away.

Nicole-Smith

Make sure you click the fx button to open the expression dialog, paste it in, then click OK.  I couldn't get it to "stick" either without opening the expression dialog.  I have checked that it works :

Nicole-Smith_0-1613489890016.png

Ruthie09
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

It's still not "sticking". 😞  I almost always work in the big dialog box because I don't trust the field (and usually, my formulas are too big to see in the little field).

Nicole-Smith

My chart is the normal Qlik Sense Bar chart--I don't know what you're using because your options look different.  Can you try switching to the same chart as me?

Ruthie09
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

When I use a regular chart, it does do what it should.

However, what I use are the VizLib extensions.  It didn't occur to me that it might require a different formula.  I can't switch to a different extension at this point.  The entire app is based on VizLib tools.

Any idea how to make it work using that extension?

Ruthie09
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I got it!  I used some of what Nicole had and figured that since it was an interval, it must want a calculation.  So thanks to @Nicole-Smith for leading me in the right direction.

=interval#(2160/1440,'DD:hh:mm')