Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sicdude
Contributor III
Contributor III

Add single field on load to existing application

So I have an existing Qlik Sense application that I have already loaded data to and have created a whole bunch of charts for.  There is a field from an existing qvd that I need to add that I didn't have on my initial data load.  In other words, I only loaded 3 fields from a QVD for this application initially, but I need to add a 4th now.  I tried to add the field into the data load, but when I reload the data, the field is not showing up in the data tables.  What might I be doing wrong to add this field?  

3 Replies
Lisa_P
Employee
Employee

can you share your data load script?

sicdude
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

LOAD
sc_bu_out,
sc_bu_out_desc,
flag,
//scgroup1
FROM [lib://QVDs/sc.qvd]
(qvd)
where flag = 1;

so here's my script.  there are a lot of other fields in the sc.qvd that I did not originally load into my application.  The field scgroup1 is one of them.  I didn't originally think I would need the field, but I figured out later that I did.    if I un-comment the scgroup1 field and re-load the data, the field doesn't actually load.  

sicdude
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Unfortunately I ended up having to just start a new application with a new data load that included the new field that I needed.  I'd still love if anyone had an answer for this as I would hate to have to always start over if new data fields need added to existing apps