Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chinu
Contributor
Contributor

Adding multiple text objects in a layout container

I'm new to qlik sense, wanted to add 24 text objects in a layout container with dimensions 30×19. Is there any scroll or tab option available ? Or can the layout containers be nested. The aim is to view all the 24 objects in a single glance, adjusting it for a good size is a difficult task. 

Thanks 

Labels (4)
3 Replies
PythonMCSJ
Partner - Contributor III

Hi Chinu,

I am not too sure I understand your requirement. 

Using the layout container, you should be able to adjust the positions (x and y coordinates) as well as the heights and widths, of the text objects inside the layout container. This is done in the settings of the layout container.

Layout Containers can unfortunately not be nested as far as I am aware.

Kind regards

PythonMCSJ

Chinu
Contributor
Contributor
Author

IMG20240731134227.jpg

Hey thanks for your response! For more clarity, this is what I'm intending to do. Fitting all the 24 text objects is a task in that space. So would like to know any options like scrolling or tabs that I can use. I'm using layout container 

PythonMCSJ

Hi Chinu,

I think it makes sense. I do not believe there are any native objects that works the desired way straight out of the box. But you do have some different options:

1. You can extend the sheet size, giving your more space (if limited existing vertical space is the problem).

2. Create a tabset using buttons (similarly to what you already have with the Assets and Liability buttons I think), and show / hide the needed text objects, using the show condition for the text object inside the layout container. 

Hope this helps!

Kind regards

PythonMCSJ