Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ronman10
Creator
Creator

Addition of different years data

Hi Guys,

I am working with 2 dimensions trying to create a stacked chart. One dimension is year (2016-2018) and the other dimension is product type with a total of 3 products. I want the stacked chart to be an addition of all the years data. For example, the value of Product 1 in the stack should be its total value for the 3 years. There needs to be only one bar/column for all the 3 years combined. How can I achieve this using an expression? Please advice.

Best Regards,

Rony

8 Replies
niclaz79
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi,

You can use a normal bar chart with Sum(Value) using both the Years and Product as dimensions. Make sure to select the stacked bar chart option in 'Style' tab.

If you get it the other way around (sorted by years and products as part of stack) you need to change the order of your dimensions.

mtucholski
Creator
Creator

Hi,

is that what you are looking for?

ronman10
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Niclas and Mateusz,

That is not what I am looking for. I just want one bar line to be stacked with the 3 products. The value for the respective products should be an addition of 2016, 2017 and 2018 values. Hope my explanation is clear. Please advice.

Best Regards,

Rony

niclaz79
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi,

I've no idea what you are looking for. You say bar and line in the same sentence, which are two completely different visualizations. Can you provide us an excel screenshot or something so we understand better?

mtucholski
Creator
Creator

If I understood you correctly, then just remove 'Year' or 'Product' from the dimension (depending on what you want to show). The 'sum(amount)' won't change. Generally, the functions refeers to the whole loaded data model, not only for the dimension in chart. The dimension are just for the data vizualization.

ronman10
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi,

In attached image you will see Prod A,B and C stacked on top of each other for 3 years respectively. I do not want 3 different bars for the 3 different years. I want the values for the 3 different years to be added and shown in 1 bar in the same stacked format.  

Regards,

Rony

Capture.JPG

mtucholski
Creator
Creator

Add a calculated dimension or some other dimension which is the same for all the products.

ronman10
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Mateusz,

Any idea how the expression would be in this case?

Regards,
Rony