Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Aggr fuction with If Conditoins

Hi,

I have the following formula, that gives me the number of KN_ID´s under the If-Conditions. I Need the "Distinct" keyword. because otherwise there would be duplictates.

Count(Distinct If(
                             (K1 > vLimit_K1    and  Date = vDate and (

K2 >  vLimit_K2    or     K3 < vLimit_K3

)

)

KN_ID,0))-1

Now I want to Sum a field (KN_IA), which is linear (every KN_ID has exactly one KN_IA) to KN_ID but just for the KN_ID´s, which I get with the IF-Expression.

I tried to do this with Set Analysis, but I am done with that. For some reasons it is not possible in my case.

Therefore I thought of doing that using Aggr-function. The Expression should look somehting like this:

Sum(Aggr(

Sum(KNE_IA),

If(   K1 > vLimit_K1    and  Date = vDate and (  K2 >  vLimit_K2    or     3 < vLimit_K3 )  ),  KN_ID)

))

To sum it up: I want to create a temporary table using aggr function. In that table should be only the KN_ID´s which meet the if-conditions and the belonging KN_IA values. And in this Table I want to sum the KN_IA.

In the Load Script it would be easy to create a new field, which just consists of the needed values for KN_ID, but I use variables and therefore that will not be possible.

I am looking forward to a response. Thank you in advance.

Best regards

thorqlik

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

Can you try this:

Sum(Aggr(Sum(DISTINCT If(K1 > vLimit_K1 and Date = vDate and (K2 > vLimit_K2  or 3 < vLimit_K3)), KNE_IA), KN_ID))

View solution in original post

12 Replies
teiswamsler
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi Thorben

Is all of your data in one table?

What fields do you expect as dimension and measure?

/Teis

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Sum(If( (K1 > vLimit_K1    and  Date = vDate and (K2 >  vLimit_K2    or     K3 < vLimit_K3 ) KN_IA,0))

or perhaps this:

sum({<K1={">$(vLimit_K1)"},Date={$(vDate)}, KN_ID={"=K2>$(vLimit_K2) or K3<$(vLimit_K3)"} >}KN_IA)

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

the data is in many different tables. The Dimension should be the KN_ID´s, which meet the if-conditions and the measure should be the Amount of KN_IA. As every KN_ID has exactly one KN_IA (if the table is distinct) the Aggregation for the measure should be sum.

Not applicable
Author

If I use this Expression I sum a lot of duplicates (due to the data modell). Therefore I needed the "Distinct" keyword for the count-Aggregation.

But If I used "Distinct" here, some values that should be summed would not be summed. Because the KN_ID´s are all different, but the KN_IA of two different KN_ID´s can be the same.

teiswamsler
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi Thorben

If the relation is one to one then if maybe possible to map KN_IA on KN_ID. Then apply the filter in your expression in a Where statement in script.

Ex. as a presiding load or as a new table after mapping table

DataTable2:

Load

KN_ID,

KN_IA

Resident DataTable1

Where

K1 > vLimit_K1

and

Date = $(vDate)

and

( K2 > $(vLimit_K2) or 3 < $(vLimit_K3) )

;

/Teis

Not applicable
Author

the Limits are Variables, therefore you can not use them in the Loadscipt, can you?

sunny_talwar

Can you try this:

Sum(Aggr(Sum(DISTINCT If(K1 > vLimit_K1 and Date = vDate and (K2 > vLimit_K2  or 3 < vLimit_K3)), KNE_IA), KN_ID))

teiswamsler
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Sure u can

ex. in scrip

Set or Let depending on it is a string og formula

Set vLimit = XXXXXXXXX;

/teis

Not applicable
Author

okay, for the first numbers it works. I will have test a bit if the result is always correct, but it should be.

You really helped me.

Thank you very much, Sunny T. You are the best, as always