Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Morcella
Contributor
Contributor

Aggregated formula need to behave like a number

Hi guys, I'm stuck with a situation in qlik sense and I could really use some help.
I create an aggregated count formula as a master dimension which work fine as a dimension in a table with the desired result. But if I try to use the same formula as a master measure the result doesn't behave like a number in a pivot.

I want to count how many items are sold per the aggregated categories. I want to use this formula as a part of an Exact value limitation or as a condition in an average calculation (both is ok for the task but none of the approaches worked because the formula doesn't result a number). 

To complete my task I need to multiply the result thats why I need this formula to behave like a number. 

My formula is:
aggr ( count(item_code), customertype, month, productcategory, producttype, ZIPcode)
I tried num and num# but none of it works. Tried to use as a variable too but still doesn't behave like a number. 

Any ideas?

Labels (3)
2 Replies
Mark_Little
Luminary
Luminary

Can you share what is shown?

I would expect that return as a number  due to the count() function.  

When is shown when you try using as above.?

Morcella
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi Mark,

I cannot share my screen because of sensitive data is on the table and the pivot.

The result I get is mostly null I think (it shows this: - ) but the editor says the formula is ok.

I tried to use the count without aggregation (and let the pivot do the separation) but then it counted all my items regardless of the columns before.

Thanks,

Morcella