cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
coloful_architect
Creator II
Creator II

Apply Map Does NOT Work

so I try to associate "Yes" or "No" value to the dimension field of 'Connect_Key'   by using apply map

what I have is 

# Mapping_Table

Mapping Load

Connect_Key,

'YES' as Map_Value

From.....

#Fact_Table:

Load *,

applymap('# Mapping_Table',Connect_Key,'No') as Map_Value

From......

it ends up with all the value at Map_Value as "No". but I know there are should be some "Yes" there.

wondering if that is due to the 'YES' as Map_Value ...how can I fix this.

Labels (1)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Jebrezov
Contributor III
Contributor III

What type of data is in the connect_key field? Could it be a data type mismatch? Maybe apply the text function to them both to force them to be text?

View solution in original post

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

It's possibly a mismatch between the keys, like one value has leading/trailing blanks and the other does not. My approach to debugging this is to remove the mapping prefix to create a regular table and examine both sets of values in the Data Model Viewer or the UI.

-Rob

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Jebrezov
Contributor III
Contributor III

it looks like you don’t have the correct mapping table name in the applymap. I actually don’t know what # does to a Qlik table name, so I would just name the first mapping table as Mapping_Table. Then in the apply map your first parameter should match the mapping table name ‘Mapping_Table’ including the single quotes.

I think that may be the cause.

coloful_architect
Creator II
Creator II
Author

sorry...that was a careless typo......but other than that, everything looks ok ,right ...should return me Yes if the value at Fact table matches the key at Mapping_Table ...otherwise, no right?   but all I get is No....

Jebrezov
Contributor III
Contributor III

What type of data is in the connect_key field? Could it be a data type mismatch? Maybe apply the text function to them both to force them to be text?

Ahidhar
Creator III
Creator III

where is the mapping table getting its data from ?

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

It's possibly a mismatch between the keys, like one value has leading/trailing blanks and the other does not. My approach to debugging this is to remove the mapping prefix to create a regular table and examine both sets of values in the Data Model Viewer or the UI.

-Rob

coloful_architect
Creator II
Creator II
Author

yeah...sort of ...it turns our the one key is numeric/integer and the other is text.

coloful_architect
Creator II
Creator II
Author

that is the reason. one key is numeric and the other is integer