Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
imsushantjain
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Are Binary Load recommended on Qlik Sense Enterprise ?

I have come across few discussions and wanted to check if Binary Load are recommended on QlikSense Enterprise or what is the alternate way to achieve the same.

Qlik Sense substitute for BINARY load

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

The article you linked to gives you the answer: It is not recommended. For the reasons mentioned in the article.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

The article you linked to gives you the answer: It is not recommended. For the reasons mentioned in the article.

imsushantjain
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thank Peter, I actually don't really understand his two points:

• however those file chunks are always locked on Operating System level as long as the Sense Engine is running.
  • If you stopped the Engine Server, then you would be able to BINARY load such a file.

Does that mean to carry out a reload, we have to stop the Qlik Sense Engine every time ?

In this regard how is QlikView different from QlikSense?

petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

yes and yes

imsushantjain
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi Peter,

I get your first Yes, thanks!

But need some clarification on the second one, you mean .qvw files in QlikView Server were not locked by OS! Any particular reason for this?

Regards

Sushant

petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

I haven't seen any documentation about that - so I can't answer your question for reasons they might have to make it different - one can only guess.

imsushantjain
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Official Qlik Support Note can be found here : https://qliksupport.force.com/articles/000011152