Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
McBad
Contributor
Contributor

Broken map layers...?

Hello, hoping someone can provide some clues...

I have a two layer map in Qlik.  They are both point layers, one of airports and the other of hospitals.  This used to work and now doesn't...  Not aware of having changed anything.

Although the sheet uses several tables the map uses data from an airports table and a hospitals table.  These tables are both imported to Qlik via csv files, originally generated from a Postgres database.  The latitudes and longitudes in the postgres database are restricted to numeric values (precision 10,7).  This gives me confidence that none of the data values contain text or nulls or similar bad data.

The load script identifies that there are latitude and longitude values in both the airports and hospitals tables and generates geopoints.  When I look at the tables in the data load editor I can see the column of geopoints and the format looks the same in both airports and hospitals tables.

When the Sheet is opened initially all the airports and all the hospitals show on the world map, as they should.  However, as soon as any filter is applied the airports disappear whilst the hospitals remain.  So, for example, if country France is filtered for, the map zooms in to show France, all the French hospitals display but the airports have vanished. 

Some of the other graphics on the sheet (tables, lists, etc ) also show the airports.  When an airport is selected in one of these other graphics the map responds...  So, for example, if CDG is selected as the airport then the map jumps to the correct area of France showing the hospitals in that area, it's just that the airport bubble isn't visible on the map.

Have tried the airports layer of the map using both the geopoint and the latitude and longitude fields; neither solves the problem.

The error message on the map says "The data contains invalid geometries that could not be shown on the map. Review your data for errors and try again."  (I've checked the data for latitudes greater than 90 or less than -90 and the longitudes for values greater than 180 or less than -180...)

Have spent most of the day chasing this round, any clues or hints would be much appreciated.  Thanks.

Labels (1)
2 Replies
eronevil
Creator
Creator

Hello,

Is your airport tables keys in right format?

And have you checked that airport tables country field is France and not france?

I have battled with map visualisations and those are my most common mistages.

daturpin
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

I also have a map malfunction. One of my point layers isn't displaying and the expression to set the color of the other point layer stopped working.  Was there an update?