Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
diegomyd83
Contributor III
Contributor III

Button with selections and download

Hi

in qlikview I had the possibility to create a button with a group of selections, set the file name and start the donwload to a specified location. 

Is there a way to do it in qlik sense? Seems that the default button doesn't have the download options, i found an extension for download but this way I have to write the file name for each selection and that's not really helpfull

Thank you

Diego

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
diegomyd83
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I found a solution.. I am setting up a variable with the file excel name and use this variable to give a name when pressing the export button. This way I have two clicks but at least I don't need to write the name of the file I am exporting

View solution in original post

3 Replies
steeefan
Luminary
Luminary

Have a look at these two extensions:

They let you customize exports in many different ways.

diegomyd83
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Unfortunately none of them works like the qlikview button.. the first gives you the download option but no selection or dynamic name for the file, the second add a donwload button ot tables but it's not what I am searching for

diegomyd83
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I found a solution.. I am setting up a variable with the file excel name and use this variable to give a name when pressing the export button. This way I have two clicks but at least I don't need to write the name of the file I am exporting