Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LearningV
Contributor
Contributor

Calculated Dimension Set analysis select few values

Hi 

I would like to add in a calculated field or use set analysis to ensure only value1, value3,value4,value6 are available or shown in the dropdown list (proposed list below). 

Currently the dimension values 1 - 7 are being shown and are being used for a drop down filter and to show values in the pivot table (current list). 

CURRENT LISTPROPOSED LIST
Dim1Dim2
Value1Value1
Value2Value3
Value3Value4
Value4Value6
Value5 
Value6 
Value7 
Value8 
Value9 
Value10 

I would have included a where statement in the load editor but, all the data needs to be loaded as other sheets rely on the data. 

I have tried to use calculated dimension below but it does not seem to work e.g.

=if(WildMatch(Dim1,'*Value1*','*Value3*','*Value4*','*Value6*'),'Value1','Value3','Value4','Value6')

However when I use only two values it in the calculation it seems to work.

=if(WildMatch(Dim1,'*Value1*','*Value3*'),'Value1','Value3')

Is there a way to fix this and only show a few dimensions and not all using an if statement, set analysis or any type of formulas? 

Thanks

6 Replies
Kushal_Chawda

@LearningV  If you have measure in your chart then you can use set analysis to display only specific dimension values

Let's say if your measure is "Sum(Value)" then you can use below set

=Sum({<Dim1={'Value1','Value3','Value4','Value6'}>}Value)

You may need to add this set in all the measure of your chart.

Also, go to chart properties and add-on-> uncheck "Include zero values" option

LearningV
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi @Kushal_Chawda 

I am not sure if that approach works for me? 

As I have a measure called Views. Using your example 

=Sum({<Dim1={'Value1','Value3','Value4','Value6'}>}Views) the value returned is a sum of views.

Using your approach for example the visits just get summed into one cell. 

Currently my data is in a pivot type table. All the data is available and I would like to apply a filter on Dim1 to give me the result in Dim2?   

CURRENT LISTPROPOSED LISTDimensions
Dim1Dim2ViewsVisits
Value1Value11057
Value2Value32045
Value3Value43043
Value4Value64043
Value5   
Value6   
Value7   
Value8   
Value9   
Value10   
LearningV
Contributor
Contributor
Author

I though I may be able to create a new calculated field for Dim1, so for example, if Dim1= Value1 then Value1, if Dim1 = Value3 then Value3 else null.  

If I try to use this method with anymore than two values it does not seem to work 😅

Kushal_Chawda

@LearningV  what do you mean by this?

"Using your approach for example the visits just get summed into one cell"

Can you share sample data with expected output?

LearningV
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi @Kushal_Chawda 

Thanks for the quick response.

Here is an example of the current view and expected output. I have listed Views and Visits as the measures for my example. I would like to apply a filter on the dimension1 to only give me certain values. 

CURRENT VIEW EXPECTED VIEW
Dimension1ViewsVisits Dimension1ViewsVisits
Value11057 Value11057
Value2550 Value32045
Value32045 Value43043
Value43043 Value64043
Value52520    
Value64043    
Value78050    
Value87040    
Value99035    
Value104030    

Using the formula you suggested =Sum({<Dimension1={'Value1','Value3','Value4','Value6'}>}Views) 

I get something similar to the below. A sum of the values I need, which would normally be fine, but I need them to be listed out against there values and not as a total sum. 

Dimension1Views
Value1100
Value3 
Value4 
Value6 

I have experimented with another calculation in the calculated Dimension section Example below

=if(WildMatch(Dim1,'*Value1*','*Value3*'),'Value1','Value3')

And it changed from the current view to the calculated view. This is what I am trying to achieve however when I try and add more Values e.g. 4 and 6, the formula no longer works.  

So is there some sort of if statement or formula that would allow me to do this?

CURRENT VIEW Calculated VIEW
Dimension1ViewsVisits Dimension1ViewsVisits
Value11057 Value11057
Value2550 Value32045
Value32045    
Value43043    
Value52520    
Value64043    
Value78050    
Value87040    
Value99035    
Value104030    

Would have been easier to apply these filters in the load editor but we need all the data to load for other sheets. 

Thank you!

Kushal_Chawda

@LearningV  Not sure but I am getting the results based on your data. I have created simple table chart.

Kushal_Chawda_0-1629478152972.png