Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jgerczak
Contributor
Contributor

Calculated Percentages refer to the wrong Total amount in Straight Table

I have this table where I have one dimension, and 4 different measures. The measures I want to include are the Number Funded (I am doing a count of the field [Funded Amount x %], and the Total Amount Funded (I am doing a sum of the field [Funded Amount x %]).

In each of these measures the only set analysis I have is a 'FY 22 Team Flag', indicating a 1 if the record contains a solicitor belonging to a FY 22 Team, and a 0 if it does not. 

The other two measures I would like to include are percentages of the total amounts. However here is where I run into some issues.

When the Totals function is set to 'Auto', it displays the wrong amount. For Example in photo 1 it shows the total to be 310 while the correct total amount should be 332 (which displays when I change the Totals Function to 'Sum'). But the measures that calculate the total percentage seem to base it off the Auto total of 310. Ex: 135/310 = 44% while the correct percentage should be 135/332=40.6%.

If anyone has insight on how to solve this issue I would appreciate it!

3 Replies
edwin
Master II
Master II

when you set to auto - it will evaluate the expression in your measure regardless of the dimensions.  so it is possible that the true count is lesser than the sum of the individual counts as it is possible that what you are counting can be associated to multiple values of your dimension - hence they wil be counted more than once if you dont set to auto. 

to validate test your expression in a text box to see the true count

jgerczak
Contributor
Contributor
Author

You're right, it seems that there are a number of records that exist in multiple FY Teams. So the true count is actually less than the sum of the individual counts.

Is there a way to display only the true count in the individual rows, or formulate some sort of logic to indicate which dimension I would like it to show underneath if it exists in multiple rows?

edwin
Master II
Master II

hmmmm... but that is the true count.  maybe if you post sample data and what the expected result is others will understand