Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JoannaM
Contributor III
Contributor III

Calculating changes when choosing two different dates

Hi

I have a daily stock. The stock value is broken down to dimension material.

I would like to choose two different dates and the show the difference in stock.

It is working so far but when I have stock and the total stock is being delivered so the new stock is 0 then I am getting a "-" and no changes "-" and I need the stock so show 0 and the changes -XX.

What I have (red):

JoannaM_0-1640091107795.png

What I need (green):

JoannaM_1-1640091172008.png

Set analysis:

sum(aggr(Sum([pob development quantity])

-

above(sum([pob development quantity]),1),material,[POB date]))

Thanks for the help.

Best regards,

Joanna

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Or
MVP
MVP

Then the issue is probably the latter option I mentioned, where there is no row in the data for the combination 3005011 / 20.12.2021 and as a result the aggr() can't be calculated. Assuming the aggr() is required to behave as is, you could try stuffing the data with 0 values for any missing combinations - depending on the data structure this may or may not be feasible.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Or
MVP
MVP

You could try using:

sum(aggr(RangeSum(Sum([pob development quantity])

above(sum([pob development quantity]),1)),material,[POB date]))

Which would prevent null results when the Above() section is a null. However, this won't solve the problem if the issue is that there is no row for this material / POB date combination, because those are your aggr() fields.

JoannaM
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks for the input. I tried with Rangesum but unfortunately, it is not working either. Neither does Alt(X,0). Neither does isnull() nor if(isnull()).

Or
MVP
MVP

Then the issue is probably the latter option I mentioned, where there is no row in the data for the combination 3005011 / 20.12.2021 and as a result the aggr() can't be calculated. Assuming the aggr() is required to behave as is, you could try stuffing the data with 0 values for any missing combinations - depending on the data structure this may or may not be feasible.

JoannaM
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks for your help. It looks like this is the issue. I will try to fill the missing data with 0. BR, Joanna