Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BogdanT18
Contributor III
Contributor III

Can I display a total line in pivot table?

Hello,

I have a pivot table where I display gross profit for product A and product B by year and month. 

The dimension has in it's rows the name of the product so my pivot table looks like this:

Gross Profit - A  |  Avalue2021 | Avalue2022 | ...

Gross Profit - B |  Bvalue2021 | Bvalue2022 | ...

How can I create a new line that makes the sum of these 2 lines and name it just "Gross Profit"? Is it possible?

Gross Profit | Avalue2021 + Bvalue2021 | Avalue2022 + Bvalue2022 | ....

Thank you:)

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BogdanT18
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

The reason is that my measure should include all the dimensions, as @sunny_talwar says here. Thank you for that Sunny!

https://community.qlik.com/t5/New-to-Qlik-Sense/Qlik-Sense-Totalling-row-sum-in-a-pivot-table/td-p/9...

View solution in original post

4 Replies
E_Røse
Creator II
Creator II

like this?

Capture (1).PNG

BogdanT18
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Yes...except the fact that for me is not working like that:(  If I activate totals for Product nothing happens, and if I activate them for Period the result is displayed as a column not as a row and it doesn't do what I want...any other ideas? 

BogdanT18
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

The reason is that my measure should include all the dimensions, as @sunny_talwar says here. Thank you for that Sunny!

https://community.qlik.com/t5/New-to-Qlik-Sense/Qlik-Sense-Totalling-row-sum-in-a-pivot-table/td-p/9...

E_Røse
Creator II
Creator II

@BogdanT18, what is your measure? If you only use sum, what i showed you should work fine. 

Another option is to add a dummy dimension like below. This is the fastest option if you have multiple dimensions in your pivot table and the user potentially wants to change the order of the dimensions. 

(Otherwise you have to check the total check-box for all row-dimensions. The check box is only visible to the first dimension, so it will take a lot of rearranging of columns both when developing and testing.) 

Capture.PNG