Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
afitzgerald
Contributor
Contributor

Cannot create variables

I have been using QlikSense for a couple months now. I am finding that it would make my life a lot easier if I could create some of my own variables to use throughout my sheets. I have the highest access for my company, but there is no button to create variables.

I have the sheet in edit mode as my own work. I have researched and I know the variable creation button should be on the left hand side near the assests panel. Do I not have full permissions? I am using QlikSense through a Dashboard. I'm going crazy trying to figure it out.

I do not have access to the data as it is automatically loaded in on the backend so I cannot create variables there.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Andrea_Spinetti
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hello @afitzgerald ! The variables button is only available when you open an app from your Work stream, meaning that you can find the button only on a non-published app 😊

If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Andrea_Spinetti
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hello @afitzgerald ! The variables button is only available when you open an app from your Work stream, meaning that you can find the button only on a non-published app 😊

If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution.