Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Yrstruly2021
Contributor II
Contributor II

Cant connect to any Db's

I am using the Qliksese version for students. I don't know if there is a difference between the student version and the paid one. I can not connect to any DB's. I tried to connect to SQL Server, Mysql, Postgre and Bigquery. I am getting errors like:

Yrstruly2021_0-1682936788677.png

Yrstruly2021_1-1682937040244.png

My servers are up and running with the correct usernames and passwords. What is wrong?

Labels (2)
3 Replies
PadmaPriya
Support
Support

Hi @Yrstruly2021 

Looks like the Qlik Sense Server is unable to connect to the database hostname/ip address.

Please verify the hostname/instance and also if ports are opened.

Try to ping and telnet if the servers connect each other from Qlik Sense Server to DB server vice versa.

Thanks, Padma

Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!
Yrstruly2021
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I am connecting easily using Tableau and Powerbi, it is only Qliksense that gives me this error.

Dalton_Ruer
Support
Support

Is it possible that you are using Desktop versions of those other tools and since you are inside the Firewall they can connect, but you are using Qlik Sense Cloud and your firewall may be blocking you? Or possibly you need a PORT # along with the Server's IP when coming in from the Cloud or something.