Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wanderingcatto
Contributor II
Contributor II

Chart (Table) Selection Interfering with Filters

I have a table with data that looks like this. Noted that the word 'Apple' appeared several times even though it means different things under each instance and belongs under different group / type.

SS1.jpg

I'm creating a dashboard with a filter for Group1, another filter for Group2, as well as a table listing the keywords & values after I've made the necessary selection under the two filters. For instance, if I select "Type1" under the filter for Group1 and "Brand" under the filter for Group2, the keyword "Apple" and "Samsung" comes up, which is correct and as expected.

SS2.jpg

However, once I click on "Apple" within my table of keywords and values, the dashboard took it that I wanted to select all instances of the word "Apple" under "Group2" and ignores my previous selection under Group2.

SS3.jpg

May I seek advice on what I'm doing wrong here. I've attached my sample qvf file for reference. Thank you!

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
wanderingcatto
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Managed to solve it. Will keep the question and answer here for some strangers' future reference.

The problem lies in the expression I was using for the table in my original attached qvf. The expression that I had use to display the keyword and value was:

"""

=if(GetSelectedCount(Group2)<>1, '-', Keyword)

"""

The correct expression should have been:

"""

=AGGR(ONLY({<Group2={'$(=GetFieldSelections(Group2))'}>} Keyword), Keyword)

"""

View solution in original post

1 Reply
wanderingcatto
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Managed to solve it. Will keep the question and answer here for some strangers' future reference.

The problem lies in the expression I was using for the table in my original attached qvf. The expression that I had use to display the keyword and value was:

"""

=if(GetSelectedCount(Group2)<>1, '-', Keyword)

"""

The correct expression should have been:

"""

=AGGR(ONLY({<Group2={'$(=GetFieldSelections(Group2))'}>} Keyword), Keyword)

"""