Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
el_lobo
Contributor
Contributor

Chart Table with Formula Column -> set search string in trigger

Hello everyone!

...I'm new to the Qlik-Crowd - and happy to have found this community 🙂

All right; I have a Chart Table with some formula columns (ie different aggregate sums). One of these column contains a formula which classifies rows into groups 'A', 'B', 'C'. Only Rows classified as 'C' should be shown.

What I found out: (1) Ticking 'search' box for the column in the presentation tab lets me enter 'C'. (2) I cannot use the formula in a dynamic dimension like "if (condition for 'C', 'show')" -> any aggregate sum containing if() statements gives me an error in the column's values (the formula editor says 'expression ok').

Now: I'd like to use a variable trigger to set a search string; ie a $(vThreshold) variable - when being changed filtering the respective column

I figure I could always do some magic in the LOAD script - but that would require a reload when $(vThreshold) is changed...

...how is that best achieved? Macro? I'd be grateful for any hint 🙂

Lobo

[EDIT: typos]

Labels (3)
1 Reply
el_lobo
Contributor
Contributor
Author

...thought I put in the solution I went with:

Instead of filtering the table, I use aggr() to create an array containing the elements that should appear in the table -> use concat() to re-format the array ("element1"|"element2"|"element3"...) -> use this in selection trigger for the respective field...

The solution is NOT straightforward at all, neither is it "nice" in the sense, that it will NOT select class "A" for instance; instead it will select all elements that fall into class "A"... A selection box (the one showing all applicated selections) will reveal this; looks quite confusing 😕

so long

Lobo