Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mini_Elaine
Contributor III
Contributor III

'Chart is not displayed' message

Hi All,

I have a pie chart with one dimension A to display but this dimension A is limited to only show when dimension B is in certain conditions. I put slice with if statement as if([B]='condition 1' or [B]='condition 2', [A]) and exclude null values from pie chart. When I select dimension [B] as 'condition 3', I would expect the error message as 'Please select condition 1 or 2 for dimension B' rather than 'chart is not displayed because of negative or zero values'. 

I tried add-ons for data handling and put the following syntax:

If(Sum(<{[B]={'condition 1','condition 2'}>[products])>0, Sum(<{[B]={'condition 1','condition 2'}>[products]), null())

It didn't work.. Any thoughts?

Many thanks,

Min

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Or
MVP
MVP

NOT B = 'Condition 3', perhaps, then?

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Or
MVP
MVP

It sounds like you're using the measure to try and avoid using a calculation condition for some reason?

Calculation condition in this case would be [B]='condition 1' or [B]='condition 2'

Display message would be 'Please select condition 1 or 2 for dimension B'

Mini_Elaine
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks Or! 

It worked when I select B but when I display this pie without B selected, the pie disappears and show the message. How can I still display the pie without B selected (which means just to exclude certain options).

The measure of this pie is only limited two values from B. So I would like to show the pie for summary of at least one of these two values selected but no others.

Many thanks!!

Or
MVP
MVP

If the only measure for this pie doesn't display anything unless one of these two values is selected, what is there to display? You would end up with an empty chart anyway, wouldn't you?

Mini_Elaine
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Or. Thanks for your reply. 

Ideally, I would like the pie to show summary of both condition 1 and 2 from B (this is applied by if statement in slice dimension). If our user would like to break further (i.e. only select condition 1 from B), they can do this by selecting B from filter pane. While if they select condition 3 from B in filter pane, a message should display,. I am not sure how to achieve this.  

Or
MVP
MVP

NOT B = 'Condition 3', perhaps, then?

Mini_Elaine
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Oh it worked!! Thanks a lot!!