Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
daher2323
Contributor
Contributor

Click a Value in a Visualization to show Detail Table

I'm relatively new to Qlik Sense and have come from developing dashboards in Dundas BI. Within Dundas, I had functionality set up to allow the user to click a value in a visualization, be it a table, bar graph, etc, and launch a new window with the underlying detail.

For example, if I had a table with a summary of the # Servers by Location:

Location            # of Servers

Atlanta                          142

Tampa                            45

Los Angeles                  86

New York                       274

The user would be able to click the "86" servers in Los Angeles and it would navigate to a page where I had a table with the line-level detail for those 86 servers in Los Angeles. This would include information like Server Name, Environment, OS Platform, etc. 

How can I accomplish this, or similar functionality, in Qlik Sense to where I can allow the user to click a value within a visualization and show the underlying detail? Is there an extension available or an alternative method out of the box that can accomplish something similar?

Thank you in advance for any help!

Alex

Labels (4)
3 Replies
ChiragPradhan
Creator II
Creator II

The KPI chart allows you to do that. You would essentially create a KPI each for the locations and link sheets containing their details.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/April2019/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/Visualizations/KPI/KPI....

daher2323
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Chiragpradhan, thank you for the quick reply. This is helpful for a general summary use case but unfortunately I need something that will work for a table or bar chart where I have an unknown number of values per dimension. The example I gave is very simplified - the number of locations in my actual data is in the ~50 range and I cannot create ~50 static KPIs for each location given the locations of these servers can change at any point.
daher2323
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Anybody have any ideas on how to accomplish something of this nature? Thank you in advance!!!