Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
caiomartins
Contributor II
Contributor II

Combining Dimensions to give a single dimension for grouping

Hi everyone,

I am stuck with a categories only data problem and I wondered if you could help me, please?

My database has the following fields:

• USER ID        
  • DRIVE TIME (LAST YEAR)        
  • DRIVE TIME (CURRENT YEAR)        
  • TRAIN TIME (LAST YEAR)        
  • TRAIN TIME (CURRENT YEAR)

Where besides USER ID, the other columns can assume any of the text values as following, being travel time periods:

• 1 - 10MIN
  • 11- 20MIN
  • 21 - 30MIN
  • 31 - 40MIN
  • 41 - 50MIN
  • 50MIN +

I attached a photo of the dataset format as an example.

So user 1 for example, can have a DRIVE TIME (LAST YEAR) = 1 - 10MIN but DRIVE TIME (CURRENT YEAR)  = 11- 20MIN.

My visualisation goal is to show a graph where we have two bars (DRIVE TIME (LAST YEAR) and DRIVE TIME (CURRENT YEAR), grouped per each time period. Example:

ExampleExample

Or a table showing similar information (example attached). However, so far the table was breaking into combinations of time travel such as 1 - 10MIN, and all the time travel repeated for the second column, doing a COUNT of USER ID on each of the combinations possible. But that is not what I want.

Moreover, I should be able to filter on each travel time period on the bar graph for example, and having the entire dashboard readjusted.

PS: because of many reasons, I do not want to use the script to solve it, please.

Thank you so much!

Labels (1)
0 Replies