Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
caiomartins
Contributor II
Contributor II

Combining Dimensions to give a single dimension for grouping

Hi everyone,

I am stuck with a categories only data problem and I wondered if you could help me, please?

My database has the following fields:

• USER ID        
  • DRIVE TIME (LAST YEAR)        
  • DRIVE TIME (CURRENT YEAR)        
  • TRAIN TIME (LAST YEAR)        
  • TRAIN TIME (CURRENT YEAR)

Where besides USER ID, the other columns can assume any of the text values as following, being travel time periods:

• 1 - 10MIN
  • 11- 20MIN
  • 21 - 30MIN
  • 31 - 40MIN
  • 41 - 50MIN
  • 50MIN +

I attached a photo of the dataset format as an example.

So user 1 for example, can have a DRIVE TIME (LAST YEAR) = 1 - 10MIN but DRIVE TIME (CURRENT YEAR)  = 11- 20MIN.

My visualisation goal is to show a graph where we have two bars (DRIVE TIME (LAST YEAR) and DRIVE TIME (CURRENT YEAR), grouped per each time period. Example:

ExampleExample

Or a table showing similar information (example attached). However, so far the table was breaking into combinations of time travel such as 1 - 10MIN, and all the time travel repeated for the second column, doing a COUNT of USER ID on each of the combinations possible. But that is not what I want.

Moreover, I should be able to filter on each travel time period on the bar graph for example, and having the entire dashboard readjusted.

PS: because of many reasons, I do not want to use the script to solve it, please.

Thank you so much!

Labels (1)
0 Replies