Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Remco
Contributor III
Contributor III

Combining a variable with a text character and use the combination as filter in set analysis

Hello all, another question:

I have this a measure and it works fine:

Sum({<FORECASTID = {"412"},OUTPUT_VAL={"*436*"}>} Value_)

But for the numbers I need to use variables, vForecastA and vForecastB

How can I make it in such a way that there is a kind of concat that combines the " with the value of the variables? The variables are plain numbers and cannot contain characters.

I tried to concat like concat('"',vForecastA,'"') but that does not work. For the part with the * the issue is the same, just have to add the asterisks to the string part.

The aim is that I want to filter FORECASTID on the variable vForecast and OUTPUT_VAL needs wildmatch filter on vForecastB

Thanks for your ideas!

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SerhanKaraer
Creator III
Creator III

Hello Remco,

try this:

Sum({<FORECASTID = {$(=concat(DISTINCT chr(34)&'$(vForecastA)'&chr(34),','))},OUTPUT_VAL={$(=concat(DISTINCT chr(34)&'*$(vForecastB)*'&chr(34),','))}>} Value_)

In this scenario,  vForecastA and vForecastB vairables must be a field reference, not a string.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
SerhanKaraer
Creator III
Creator III

Hello Remco,

try this:

Sum({<FORECASTID = {$(=concat(DISTINCT chr(34)&'$(vForecastA)'&chr(34),','))},OUTPUT_VAL={$(=concat(DISTINCT chr(34)&'*$(vForecastB)*'&chr(34),','))}>} Value_)

In this scenario,  vForecastA and vForecastB vairables must be a field reference, not a string.

Remco
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Wow, that was quick. And it works 🙂

Thanks a lot!

SerhanKaraer
Creator III
Creator III

@Remco I added DISTINCT in concat for performance issues in the original post.