Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lokesh_5045
Creator
Creator

Compare same values in different months

I have the data like below for all months.

ID Month Value
A December 1
B December 2
C December 3
D December 4
A November 5
B November 2
C November 1

I need to flag only present month IDs by comparing with previous month same IDs. I cannot do this in script since my previous month selection is dynamic from drop down list. Suppose if I select November from drop down list, the data should appear like below.

ID Month Value Flag
A December 1 Decrease
B December 2 Same
C December 3 Increase
D December 4 New

Flagging is based on comparison of value of same ID of selected month.
{December} C   >   {November} C -----> Increase

Labels (5)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AronC
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

If you dont want to use monthId you could do everything in the set expression as in below. I prefer flags though because it makes everything easier and more clear. But you can use the below expression.

if(Sum(Value)>sum({<Month={"$(=month(addmonths(max(Date),-1)))"}>}Value),'increased','decreased')

If you want to show the selected month in the table as well you could just use an expression.

Expression for showing the month: month(Min(Date))

Good luck and please mark as solution if it works out for you.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
AronC
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

If you show the fields ID, Value and Flag and leave out month from your table, you can use this expression

if(Sum(Value)>sum({<Month, MonthId={"$(=max(MonthId)-1)"}>}Value),'increased','decreased')

For it to work you need to create Ids for your month backend. If you have a calendar table, then you just create you id field like:

load *, autonumber(Month) as MonthId

Hope it helped you out.

Lokesh_5045
Creator
Creator
Author

@AronC , Thank you for your reply.
My current month is max of my date field and I have saved into a variable. In present example, it is December.
My selected month is based on month input from variable input from front end. In present example, it is November.
I shouldn't change my backend script and my current visualization.
Please suggest me. This can be done using set analysis imo. But, I am not getting any ideas here.

AronC
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

If you dont want to use monthId you could do everything in the set expression as in below. I prefer flags though because it makes everything easier and more clear. But you can use the below expression.

if(Sum(Value)>sum({<Month={"$(=month(addmonths(max(Date),-1)))"}>}Value),'increased','decreased')

If you want to show the selected month in the table as well you could just use an expression.

Expression for showing the month: month(Min(Date))

Good luck and please mark as solution if it works out for you.