Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
YannikPrill
Contributor II
Contributor II

Compare the past month with the current month in terms of a KPI

Hey QLIK Brains,

so as the title says I want to compare two different time periods. The Periods are described in Calendar Weeks. Now I basically want to show two different KPIs. One should display the value (Lets call it X) for lets say Weeks 1-4 and the other one should display weeks 5-8. The whole thing needs to be flexible so the weeks need to be ongoing without having the need to change the formula.

I hope this is understandable.

Greets,

Yannik

7 Replies
YannikPrill
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

To make it clearer this is the expression that I want to count:

Count({<[Inc Service Name]={'FIS-BMW-PAM-Gespräch'}, [Inc Status Display String]={'Rejected', 'Assigned','In Progess','Waiting for','Change open','Finished'}>}, [Incident-Nr])

Now I need this to be shown for the past 4 Weeks and the 4 Weeks before those 4 Weeks. The Dates are described like this DD.MM.YYYY

Yoshidaqlik
Creator II
Creator II

Hi

You can try it that way

4 last weeks

Count({<[Inc Service Name]={'FIS-BMW-PAM-Gespräch'}, [Inc Status Display String]={'Rejected', 'Assigned','In Progess','Waiting for','Change open','Finished'},Field_date={">=$(=WeekStart(max(Field_date)),-4)"}  >}, [Incident-Nr])

4 weeks before last

Count({<[Inc Service Name]={'FIS-BMW-PAM-Gespräch'}, [Inc Status Display String]={'Rejected', 'Assigned','In Progess','Waiting for','Change open','Finished'},Field_date={">=$(=WeekStart(max(Field_date)),-8)<$(=WeekStart(max(Field_date)),-4)"}  >}, [Incident-Nr])

Regards

YoshidaQlik https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1I9P8MqCZEhB6Nw3FdSqng
YannikPrill
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hey Yoshi,

thanks for the help but QLIK does not seem to recognize the Field_date function.If I apply your formula I dont get any values.

The Data that i upload to the script has time stamps on them. The format is as follows: DD.MM.YYYY

Maybe I need to refer to the days rather then to the Weeks. Does this make any sense?

Greets,

Yannik

Yoshidaqlik
Creator II
Creator II

Hi

Field_date it's not a function

need to replace with its date dimension

Regards 

YannikPrill
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Yeah I'm very new to this so please excuse my expressions 😄

So you say instead of using "WeekStart" I should use "DateStart" and change the 4 to 30?

Greets

Yoshidaqlik
Creator II
Creator II

I think you got it wrong

the number -4 within the formula WeekStart means you will consider the starting day 4 weeks behind the date the formula max will return

if you want to use today you can use Today()

Count({<[Inc Service Name]={'FIS-BMW-PAM-Gespräch'}, [Inc Status Display String]={'Rejected', 'Assigned','In Progess','Waiting for','Change open','Finished'},Field_date={">=$(=WeekStart(TODAY(),-4))"}  >}, [Incident-Nr])

Tidying up the previous formulas looks like I put a ")" in the wrong place

4 last weeks

Count({<[Inc Service Name]={'FIS-BMW-PAM-Gespräch'}, [Inc Status Display String]={'Rejected', 'Assigned','In Progess','Waiting for','Change open','Finished'},Field_date={">=$(=WeekStart(max(Field_date),-4))"}  >}, [Incident-Nr])

4 weeks before last

Count({<[Inc Service Name]={'FIS-BMW-PAM-Gespräch'}, [Inc Status Display String]={'Rejected', 'Assigned','In Progess','Waiting for','Change open','Finished'},Field_date={">=$(=WeekStart(max(Field_date),-8))<$(=WeekStart(max(Field_date),-4))"}  >}, [Incident-Nr])

Yoshidaqlik
Creator II
Creator II

remembering that you need to change Field_date to the correct name of your date field