Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mattb79
Contributor II
Contributor II

Comparison Graphs without using Alternate States?

I'm running on an older version of Qlik Sense enterprise prior to Alternate States being introduce, with no control over upgrading to a more recent version. With that said, is there anyway to accomplish comparative plots without Alternate States?

As an example, let's say I have a table with region, employee, month, and sales. I want to create a bar graph that compares employee sales for a selected region for two different months.

I've actually gotten very close to a solution by loading in the table twice (with alias salestable1 and salestable2) and joining it to itself with an association of region&employee. I've successfully created the bar graph with a filter pane for region, month1 (from salestable1), and month2 (from salestable2). The only issue I'm encountering with this approach is in cases where employee sales are missing for one of the selected months, then that employee is dropped from the graph completely.

So for instance, let's say Steve has the following sales figures...

Jan, $2500

Feb, $2000

Apr, $3000

If I try to compare figures for Feb & Mar, Steve will be omitted from the graph altogether since there is no data for Mar, despite the fact that data does exist for Feb. I need Steve to still appear on the graph but with $0 or NULL displayed for Mar. 

I've been trying to look into using a Link table, but confused on how exactly to implement it and whether or not it would actually give me the functionality I'm looking for.

Any help would be appreciated!

Labels (1)
0 Replies