Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aerspa
Contributor
Contributor

Concurrent access for active directory group users

Hi to all,

I'm new to Qlik Sense.

My Sense work in Active Directory environment.

I would to know if is possible to obtain a concurrent acces for every user of a group in active direcotry without create the user in QLik MC.

Many thanks.

Massimiliano

2 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

The answer is almost certainly yes. I'm just not sure what the question is.

For Single Sign On you don't need to create users in the QMC. In fact you can't. But Qlik Sense will create a user for each users that logs in.

Each user needs a token to open an app. These tokens can be assigned dynamically based on an access rule. The access rule can make use of AD groups to assign a token to a user.

Another way to grant a token is to split up a user token into session 10 tokens that are each valid for 1 hour. For this an access rule is created and assigned a number of tokens (that are then split up into session tokens). These session tokens can be seen as a sort of concurrent licensing model. But after consuming a 1 hour session token it's quarantined for 28 days.

There's also a core licensing model where you license your QS Enterprise environment based on the number of cores (in sets of 4) it uses. You can then give access to as many users as you like (and the number of cores can support with decent performance).

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
aerspa
Contributor
Contributor
Author

HI,

ok.

I understand the behaviour of QS..

I study the rules.

Many thanks.

😊