Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
coerdn
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Cond. Coloring of Multi KPI

Hello together,

i am using Multi KPI (see Screenshot). Now i want to combine all the information in one.

My aim is to visualize the Month as Value, the Icon (up/down) should dynamically represent if the current month value is higher than Previous Year Month. And finally the colour should represent the same (green/red) against Budget.

For the dynamic icon change i already found the solution. Is it possible to colour the icon as well? 

At the moment i use this formula for the icon:

=if(Sum({<Month_final={$(=Month_final)},Year_final={$(=Year_final)},[Product]={"A"}>}[Sales Product])>=Sum({<Month_final={$(=Month_final)},Year_final={$(=Year_final-1)},[Product]={"A"}>}[Sales Product ]),'lui-icon lui-icon--triangle-top','lui-icon lui-icon--triangle-bottom')

Is it possible to colour the icon for top green and for bottom red?

2 Replies
Onyi_Nwabia-Robbins
Contributor III
Contributor III

Instead of using an icon you could use the acsii characters instead. These count as text, which you can then change the colour.

Chr (9650) - up triangle

Chr (9660) - down triangle

=if(Sum({<Month_final={$(=Month_final)},Year_final={$(=Year_final)},[Product]={"A"}>}[Sales Product])>=Sum({<Month_final={$(=Month_final)},Year_final={$(=Year_final-1)},[Product]={"A"}>}[Sales Product ]),Chr(9650),Chr(9660) )

There should a text colour section in the object setting. 

you can set this to

=if ( Sum({<Month_final={$(=Month_final)},Year_final={$(=Year_final)},[Product]={"A"}>}[Sales Product])>=Sum({<Month_final={$(=Month_final)},Year_final={$(=Year_final-1)},[Product]={"A"}>}[Sales Product ]), green(), red())

or you can use hex/rgb colours of your choice

Onyi_Nwabia-Robbins
Contributor III
Contributor III

Did this work as a solution for you?

Would be great if you could mark it solved?