Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Condition with priority order

hi,

I would like to create a column who will look for the sames id's if a condition is respected.

Then i would like to display for the sames id's the result of the "condition1" if condition1= T,

then display  for the sames id's the result of the "condition2" if condition1=F and condition2=T,

Exemple :

ID    condition 1    condition 2    condition 3    temp_Result    ColumnToCreate

1            1                    0                    1                  good                         good

1            0                    1                    0                  oke                           good

1            0                    0                    1                  middle                      good

2            0                    1                    1                 oke                              oke

3            0                    0                    1                 middle                         oke

3            0                    1                    1                 oke                              oke  

So i have an order of priority like : condition 1 > 2 > 3

So if i have for one id the condition 1 and 3 i would like to keep the 1 for all rows of this id,

the condition 2 and 3 i would like to keep just the 2 for all rows of this id.

I work with Qlik sense.

I have tried to use the function 'peek' but i can't find a solution to this problem.

Je travaille sur Qlik sense. J'ai essayé d'utiliser la fonction 'peek' mais je ne trouve pas de solution.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Amin.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

Try this

Table:

LOAD *,

If(condition1 = 1, Dual('good', 1),

If(condition2 = 1, Dual('oke', 2), Dual('middle', 3))) as tempResult;

LOAD * INLINE [

ID, condition1, condition2, condition3

1, 1, 0, 1

1, 0, 1, 0

1, 0, 0, 1

2, 0, 1, 1

3, 0, 0, 1

3, 0, 1, 1

];

Left Join (Table)

LOAD ID,

MinString(tempResult) as ColumnToCreate

Resident Table

Group By ID;

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

temp_Result is okay but what is the last column? Can you describe little

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

In the last column i would like to have ONE result per id.

for id 4 if i have 3 row with 'middle' 'oke' and  'good' i would like to display 'good' in the 3 rows.

Because i have an order of priority like : condition 1 > 2 > 3

so good> oke> middle

I hope that it is more clear now.

sunny_talwar

Try this

Table:

LOAD *,

If(condition1 = 1, Dual('good', 1),

If(condition2 = 1, Dual('oke', 2), Dual('middle', 3))) as tempResult;

LOAD * INLINE [

ID, condition1, condition2, condition3

1, 1, 0, 1

1, 0, 1, 0

1, 0, 0, 1

2, 0, 1, 1

3, 0, 0, 1

3, 0, 1, 1

];

Left Join (Table)

LOAD ID,

MinString(tempResult) as ColumnToCreate

Resident Table

Group By ID;

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

That was exactly what i was looking for.

thanks a lot.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Love your solution, first the dual to create de degree of priority, then the minstring function. And last group it by id so i will have one result for each id.

You helped me a lot there, ty