Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
anuhegde
Contributor III
Contributor III

Conditional colors in qliksense

Hello All,

I have a requirement in my project (qliksense)that if the extractor fails or if some of the source files (excel) are not updated at the time of reload, I need to display a circle filled with red color on top of a sheet. If all the sources are updated and also if the extractor is success then the circle should be displayed filled with green color.

Can anyone help me to know how can I achieve this in qlik sense? what chart types can I use? and how to do this? Or do you have a better idea to track the extractor failure and data sources updation details on the dashboard?

Regards

Anusha

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Fernando_Fabregas
Creator II
Creator II

Hi Anusha.  A simple way to do that is:

- Add a pie chart, with Dimension  = any fixed text, i.e. ='Reload result' and Measure=1 (fixed).

- In Colors and Legend, select by Expression and fill it with something like this: 

if(today()-reloadtime()<1,'green','red')         // if you reload once per day and fails, it will be more than 1

If you need to check many sources at load, you can save a log table with field "Errors". Each step may contains 0 ('No errors') or 1 ('Error'), then add it in the above expression.

You should be noted that if the upload fails with errors, the data will not be recorded. 

The visual result could be:  

ffabregas_0-1601557207141.png

Regards, 

Fernando

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Fernando_Fabregas
Creator II
Creator II

Hi Anusha.  A simple way to do that is:

- Add a pie chart, with Dimension  = any fixed text, i.e. ='Reload result' and Measure=1 (fixed).

- In Colors and Legend, select by Expression and fill it with something like this: 

if(today()-reloadtime()<1,'green','red')         // if you reload once per day and fails, it will be more than 1

If you need to check many sources at load, you can save a log table with field "Errors". Each step may contains 0 ('No errors') or 1 ('Error'), then add it in the above expression.

You should be noted that if the upload fails with errors, the data will not be recorded. 

The visual result could be:  

ffabregas_0-1601557207141.png

Regards, 

Fernando

anuhegde
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Fernando,

That's a great idea. Thank you so much. I will try this out.