Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ZebLearney
Contributor III
Contributor III

Convert Month Number to Month Name in Multi select Button and keep correct month order

Hi, New to Qlik Sense and I have created a multi select button for months, but I want the months to display as the month name but keep the correct month order, ie Jan to Dec. Can anyone help please? Thanks

7 Replies
Taoufiq_Zarra

@ZebLearney  if I understood correctly

in sort use sort by number

Regards,
Taoufiq ZARRA

"Please LIKE posts and "Accept as Solution" if the provided solution is helpful "

(you can mark up to 3 "solutions") 😉
ZebLearney
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

The months are currently displayed as numbers 1-12, but I want to convert them to name Jan-Dec, but still keep the sort order correct as Jan-Dec. It is a multi select button I have created, custom object field UI with field Month. Thanks

Taoufiq_Zarra

Month(Date) and sort by number

can you share a sample data if if this is not what I understood

Regards,
Taoufiq ZARRA

"Please LIKE posts and "Accept as Solution" if the provided solution is helpful "

ZebLearney
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

ZebLearney_0-1628243198844.png

This is what I have

ZebLearney
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

=Month(Date) worked! Thanks

Taoufiq_Zarra

the problem is solved?

Regards,
Taoufiq ZARRA

ZebLearney
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Yes that part solved thankyou @Taoufiq_Zarra . I have another problem now. I want to have a default on this month selector to select current month via an Action, do you know what the expression should be on the action to do this? Basically when I open the report it should automatically default to the current month selected. Thanks