Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
angelompcunha
Contributor III
Contributor III

Counting volume of tickets that have DispatchTime below fractile

Hello all,

I've searched in the forum for this topic and there are a lot of answers but I still can't figure out what am I doing wrong.

I have a table with the following data. This is just a sample, my data spans across several Year-Month, OwnerLevel and OwnerDomain

IncidentId Year-Month OwnerLevel OwnerDomain DispatchTimeSec
1 2023-11 1L TX 300
2 2023-11 1L TX 60
3 2023-11 1L TX 900
... ... ... ... ...

I'm putting this data in a Pivot Table with Year-Month being the top level, then OwnerLevel and then OwnerDomain.

As my measures I have:
A column with the value for the 75th percentile of the DispatchTimeSec, for which I'm using the formula: =Fractile(DispatchTimeSec, 0.75)

A 2nd column where I want to count the number of IncidentId where the DispatchTimeSec is below the value defined in the 1st column.

The first column is being calculated correctly but I can't figure out how to count the volume of IncidentId that are on that percentile.

Initially I was trying to count it with the following formula:
=Count({<DispatchTimeSec = {"<=$(=Fractile(DispatchTimeSec, 0.75))"}>}DISTINCT IncidentId)

But I found out that Set Analysis is dimension insensitive thus causing the problem I was having that I only got the correct count once I filtered the pivot table by all 3 dimensions.

How can I count the volume of IncidentID correctly in a way that it works on all dimensions, whether I'm looking at the lowest level (Year-Month+OwnerLevel+OwnerDomain) but also in the totals for Year-Month and Year-Month+OwnerLevel?

angelompcunha_0-1701264054623.png

P.S. After some more tests I found out that there was a better formula to calculate the percentile for each set of dimensions with it being:

=If(Dimensionality()=3,Interval(Aggr(Fractile(DispatchTimeSec, 0.75), [Year-Month], OwnerLevel, OwnerDomain)/86400, 'hh:mm:ss'),
If(Dimensionality()=2,Interval(Aggr(Fractile(DispatchTimeSec, 0.75), [Year-Month], OwnerLevel)/86400, 'hh:mm:ss'),
    If(Dimensionality()=1,Interval(Aggr(Fractile(DispatchTimeSec, 0.75), [Year-Month])/86400, 'hh:mm:ss'),
        If(Dimensionality()=0,Interval(Fractile(DispatchTimeSec, 0.75)/86400, 'hh:mm:ss')))))

However I still cannot do a proper count of the volume of IncidentId which DispatchTimeSec is below the value in the percentile

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
angelompcunha
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I finally got it working following the formula I provided in my last reply.

This is what worked for me:

If(Dimensionality()=0, Count(Aggr(If(DispatchTimeSec <= Fractile(TOTAL DispatchTimeSec, 0.75),IncidentId),IncidentId)),
	If(Dimensionality()=1, Count(Aggr(If(DispatchTimeSec <= Fractile(TOTAL <[Year-Month]> DispatchTimeSec, 0.75),IncidentId),IncidentId, [Year-Month])),
		If(Dimensionality()=2, Count(Aggr(If(DispatchTimeSec <= Fractile(TOTAL <[Year-Month], OwnerLevel> DispatchTimeSec, 0.75),IncidentId),IncidentId, [Year-Month], OwnerLevel)),
			If(Dimensionality()=3, Count(Aggr(If(DispatchTimeSec <= Fractile(TOTAL <[Year-Month], OwnerLevel, OwnerDomain> DispatchTimeSec, 0.75),IncidentId),IncidentId, [Year-Month], OwnerLevel, OwnerDomain)),
            	))))

View solution in original post

4 Replies
jochem_zw
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

I would create a new 'Flag' field  by script. So for example you have in script this:

jochem_zw_0-1701268953412.png

now you can count incidents by using: Count{$<Flag_Fractile_75th={1}>}IncidentID)

angelompcunha
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I've omitted this piece of info for simplicity sake but I'm working with bridge tables, so the Year-Month is actually coming from a different table, I just explained the way I did because that's the end result when I put all the info I need into a table.
Bottom line is I was really looking into an expression that allows me to do this calculation.

After searching some more I found this post:

Percentile-in-pivot-table 

Which contains an expression similar to what I want but this one is to calculate the average of the times that are below a certain percentile:

If(Dimensionality() = 0, 
Avg({<Completion_Time = {"<$(=Fractile(Completion_Time, 0.75))"}>}Completion_Time), 
Avg(Aggr( If(Completion_Time < Fractile(TOTAL <Work_type> Completion_Time, 0.75), Completion_Time) , Completion_Time, Work_type)))

Unfortunately I cannot get this working to count the number of IncidentId that are below the value of a certain percentile

jochem_zw
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Maybe it is possible to do it in a expression, but performance wise it would be better and easier to do it in script. Without the data and QVF it is hard for me to give you the exact expression.

angelompcunha
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I finally got it working following the formula I provided in my last reply.

This is what worked for me:

If(Dimensionality()=0, Count(Aggr(If(DispatchTimeSec <= Fractile(TOTAL DispatchTimeSec, 0.75),IncidentId),IncidentId)),
	If(Dimensionality()=1, Count(Aggr(If(DispatchTimeSec <= Fractile(TOTAL <[Year-Month]> DispatchTimeSec, 0.75),IncidentId),IncidentId, [Year-Month])),
		If(Dimensionality()=2, Count(Aggr(If(DispatchTimeSec <= Fractile(TOTAL <[Year-Month], OwnerLevel> DispatchTimeSec, 0.75),IncidentId),IncidentId, [Year-Month], OwnerLevel)),
			If(Dimensionality()=3, Count(Aggr(If(DispatchTimeSec <= Fractile(TOTAL <[Year-Month], OwnerLevel, OwnerDomain> DispatchTimeSec, 0.75),IncidentId),IncidentId, [Year-Month], OwnerLevel, OwnerDomain)),
            	))))