Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GuillaumeCharriere
Contributor II
Contributor II

Create a Set Analysis based on dimensions’ key properties

Hello everyone !  

I need your help and advice. I would like to create a graph that displays the base salary of all employees having the same key properties as the employee selected in the filter: 

Emp Num

Region

Business Line

Job Level

Job Family

Base Salary

North Amercia

Asset Management

Sales

North Amercia

Asset management

Sales

Southern europe

Services

Sales

Southern Europe

Support

HR

North America

Support

HR

North America

Asset Management

Sales

North America

Asset Management

Sales

For example, if the user enters the Emp Numb 2345, the bar chart will display the average base salary for employees 2345+2322+2329, to be able to compare his position with the market average 

Is there a way for a set analysis to modify the results of the Base Salary taking into account the key properties of the employee selected ? 

Thanks for your help !

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

Try this

Sum({<Region = p(Region), [Emp Num]>*<[Business Line] = p([Business Line]), [Emp Num]>*<[Job Level] = p([Job Level]), [Emp Num]>*<[Job Family] = p([Job Family]), [Emp Num]>} [Base Salary])

View solution in original post

10 Replies
sunny_talwar

Do you include Region, Business Line, Job Level, and Job Family to be part of key properties? can this determination change? meaning do the users have the power to decide how they want to compare employees? For example they may want to do it just based on Region and Business Line which would make 2389 part of the analysis also. or will it always be the suggested 4 fields?

Kushal_Chawda

@GuillaumeCharriere  what would be the dimension of the bar chart?

GuillaumeCharriere
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Ideally these 4 suggested fields should be imposed on the user, as he should only need to enter the Employee Number and see his relative Base Salary compared with his team members. 

The Bar Chart would ideally be a single stacked bar chart with the average Base Salary and Contractual Bonus for all the employees having the same dimensions (Region, BL, Job Level, Job Family) as the employee selected by the user. So maybe I can create a stacked bar chart with the dimension "Employee Number" and the measures "Base Salary" plus eventually "Contractual Bonus", and then with the set analysis filter the data on the 4 suggested dimensions based on the employee number ? 

Thanks for your help, 

sunny_talwar

Try this

Sum({<Region = p(Region), [Emp Num]>*<[Business Line] = p([Business Line]), [Emp Num]>*<[Job Level] = p([Job Level]), [Emp Num]>*<[Job Family] = p([Job Family]), [Emp Num]>} [Base Salary])
GuillaumeCharriere
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi, 

The set analysis does extract all the employees having the same key properties as the employee selected on the filter, so that's a big leap, thanks! 

I have one last problem, I would like to know if there's a way of having only one bar on the graph showing the average base salary of the employees having the same characteristics as the one selected

GuillaumeCharriere_1-1601567749596.png

If the number of employees having the same key properties is too high, the user has to scroll around and may not get a proper insight on the internal base salary level

so far what I have looks like this: 

Avg({<Calendar_Type={N}, Context={'Headcount'}, $(vSet_Default_Date), $(vSet_Default_Employee), Region = p(Region), [Employee Number]>*<[Business Line] = p([Business Line]), [Employee Number]>*<[Job Level] = p([Job Level]), [Employee Number]>*<[Job Familly] = p([Job Familly]), [Employee Number]>} [Base Salary Amount EUR])

Thanks a lot for your help so far ! 

sunny_talwar

@GuillaumeCharriere May be remove Employee Number as your dimension... it will give you a single bar

GuillaumeCharriere
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

True I didn't think of that, thanks !

But for a graph that requires a dimensions such as a box plot,  how can I work around it ? 

Thanks for your help !

sunny_talwar

Add a calculated dimension... like 1 or  ' '

GuillaumeCharriere
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I tried but it doesn't seem to work for me for the Box Plot.... it says it's because  the values are not defined

Any idea on what I'm doing wrong ? 

Thanks !