Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sudarshan
Contributor II
Contributor II

Creating Canonical Date For Contracts Data[Start and End Date] and Active Sites [Site Closed Date]

Hi All, 

Good Morning! I have been working on a project in Qlik Sense and I think i might need Canonical Date to do this, but do let me know if you have other solutions.  So here goes: 

I am working on creating a dashboard to visualize the number of active contracts and active sites on a timeline. Here's the sample of the data : 

Sites Data
Active Site Count: 
Sudarshan_0-1686210451915.png

Here's the Aggregated Closed Date Dimension expression is: 

Sudarshan_1-1686210517938.png

And the MIN FCD (M)is: 

Sudarshan_2-1686210571821.png

So the logic of the Aggregated dimension is that: I want to find the minimum of the "Financially Closed Date" and "Actual Start Date", if it is null then i assign the date '12/31/2016', otherwise use the minimum date. 

Contracts Data:
Active Contracts:

Sudarshan_3-1686211139788.png

Here the Contract Month Dimension Expression is:

Sudarshan_4-1686211285549.png

And Valid Contracts Expression is :

Sudarshan_5-1686211321157.png

Now the difficulties I am facing:

These two table when plotted on separate charts work fine. But I have to calculate a 3rd measure called 'Contract Penetration' which is the active sites/active contracts  to find Penetration (%) and I want to plot this over a timeline(Monthly). 

These two have different dimension and I am not sure how to combine them. I tried reading through Canonical Date but not sure if it is applicable here directly.  Any suggestion would be helpful as I am stuck on this for more than  a week now! 

If you require more clarity on the question, I can gladly help!

Thanks in advance 

Best Regards

Sudarshan. 

Labels (5)
0 Replies