Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VaishnaviMogal2345
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Creating Single dataset and using it in multiple apps

Hi,

Is it possible in qlik sense to create single dataset or script and us it in multiple apps.

I need a same dataset(by joining 3 tables) to use in 3 different apps. so it would be difficult to manage 3 different scrips in each app separately. any suggestion would be helpful. please share any reference doc or link if possible.

thanks.

Labels (4)
4 Replies
Pico
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Is there something preventing you to have one app with the script, that stores the dataset in a .qvd file (via the store function) and the other apps just loads the ready-to-use dataset.qvd?

Imho this would be the best approach

VaishnaviMogal2345
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

@Pico thanks for reply.

but in each script of each app I have to made changes in case of data transformation. i want to achieve the thing like if i made some changes in script it should reflect in each app wherever this script is used.

Thanks.

Pico
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Sorry, that's not clear to me: the 3 scripts are the same or are they different from each other?
cause if they are the same the store solution is the go-to way, and whenever you need to change the script, you change in the Store-app. But if instead the 3 scripts are different, there is no way 🙂

Another case is that the 3 scripts have the same structure but with minor variations that can be addressed by some  variables, but in that case I personally need some examples.

brunobertels
Master
Master

Hi 

see in help page and here for the include() finctin or must_include 

It's allow to have there one script in txt format and call it in each app 

Hope it helps