cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AmelieF
Contributor II
Contributor II

Cumulative graph coloured by dimension

Hi, I need help to create a cumulative graph with colours based on dimension.

Here's an example of what I would like to have.

Here's an example of my datas, representing the number of files received by hour and by client.

Hour Client Files
01:00 Blue 3
02:00 Green 2
03:00 Blue 4
04:00 Red 1

I would like to have a graph showing the cumulative number of files received by hour, coloured by the client that sent the files. The client field is defined in a dimension with he corresponding colour.

The final graph would be:

AmelieF_0-1695125934906.png

How can I do something similar ?

Thanks to all.

Labels (3)
2 Replies
daturpin
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

This is difficult. It is possible to make a cumulative line graph using an expression such as seen here:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/App-Development/Cumulative-Line-Graph-QlikSense/td-p/29717

And it is possible to color the line based on the field [Client]. Under "Appearance" and "Colors", move the "Auto" radio button to "Custom" and use "Set by expression" and the expression is =[Client]. Since This field contains the string name for colors Qlik will recognize it.

What I don't think Qlik can do is fill the area under the curve or allow you to break it down into an expression for each color and still have it be cumulative total.

AmelieF
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I already add the Client in the colour "Set by expression" field but the result is not as I expect.

Thanks for your answer.