Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
darshanhiranandani
Contributor II
Contributor II

Darshan Hiranandani : How do I install the Qlik Web Connector on Windows?

Hello team,

I'm Darshan Hiranandani, I need to upgrade a Qlik Sense Enterprise for Windows site from February 2023 to May 2024. According to 'What's new in Qlik Sense May 2023,' Qlik Web Connectors are now included in Qlik Sense Enterprise Client-Managed, eliminating the need for a separate installation.

Before proceeding with the upgrade, should we uninstall the previous Qlik Web Connectors installation?

If we do uninstall, after the upgrade, will the Qlik Web Connectors service still be visible in the Windows Service Manager?

Looking forward to your suggestions and advice. Thank you!"

This should prompt your team members to provide their input on whether uninstalling the previous Qlik Web Connectors is necessary before upgrading and what to expect regarding the service visibility post-upgrade.

Regards

Darshan Hiranandani

Labels (1)
2 Replies
TcnCunha_M
Creator III
Creator III

i don't know where did you get this info, but i didn't find it on 
What's new in Qlik Sense May 2024 | Qlik Sense on Windows Help or 2023 version.
there was new connector, but that all, i don't see all the connector has ben migrated 100% as native connector i.e. AWS store file files you still need to use Web connector, so keep you web connector and just update Qlik sense
recommendation: don't leave the QWC and Qlik Sense Serve in the same machine.

As you think, so shall you become.
Dana_Baldwin
Support
Support

Hi @darshanhiranandani 

Please note, this forum is for Qlik Enterprise Manager, a data integration product whereas your question is about Qlik Sense. Please consider posting your question here so it reaches the right audience:

Qlik Sense | Qlik Community