Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Data Loader If Statement

Hi,

I am trying to load data from an access data table where I want to check two date fields (dteMultipleYearEndDate and Contract_End_To). If the dteMultipleYearEndDate isnull then I want to load the Contract_End_To date instead as EndDate

I am trying to do this in the data loader as I want to then use a derive on the EndDate to give me date time fields in Qliksense Desktop.

I have tried this code but receive a script error:

if 'dteMultipleYearEndDate' isnull then Load [Contract Date to] as [EndDate] from `TblProviderInformation Query9`; else Load [dteMultipleYearsEndDate] as [EndDate] from `TblProviderInformation Query9`; endif

I have also tried:

if 'dteMultipleYearEndDate' isnull then Load [Contract Date to] as [EndDate] from `TblProviderInformation Query9` else Load [dteMultipleYearsEndDate] as [EndDate] from `TblProviderInformation Query9` endif

I can not seem to find any information to indicate if an IF statement can even be used in the data loader. Qliksense provides expresison guidance on the if statement but I am not sure if that means it can be used in the data loader or is just standard guidance you would receive in a expression builder for functions / master items.

Help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

David

3 Replies
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

You can use:

=Alt(dteMultipleYearEndDate, Contract_End_To)

Alt is like the SQL COALSESCE or ISNULL commands, except that it returns the first valid numeric. Dates are numerics, but nulls are not.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

t1.png

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
sasiparupudi1
Master III
Master III

try

if (isnull(dteMultipleYearEndDate) ,[Contract Date to],dteMultipleYearEndDate) as [EndDate]

hth

Sasi