Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Huxleys
Contributor II
Contributor II

Data Model Viewer can read values but Data Manager can't?

Hi. I have a strange issue where an ID field is not associating correctly. The association is being made as the column names match, but the data is being misread. I have two tables named InvoiceID, one in fact.Invoices table and one in dim.Offer table.

Huxleys_0-1660643745293.png

Here, the data model viewer can read the IDs and the Tag. However, the data manager is not reading the InvoiceID as per the next screenshot:

Huxleys_1-1660643826933.png

Worth noting that the fact.Invoices table grabs data from a QVD while dim.Offer is from SQL, however the invoices do have matching records in both tables - I'm just not sure why the data manager is presenting the IDs and "?" in Data Manager and failing to correctly associate the fields in both tables.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated!

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Huxleys
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Solved it - SQL values had some sneaky leading/trailing spaces - all fixed with an ltrim and rtrim 😑

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Huxleys
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Solved it - SQL values had some sneaky leading/trailing spaces - all fixed with an ltrim and rtrim 😑