Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
porkypig
Contributor II
Contributor II

Data Reduction with Section Access

Hello all,

I'm having a bit of trouble writing section access into my sales application. For two of the three main groups that will be using the application, section access is pretty easy - those two groups want their salespeople to be able to see all data within their region. The third group has a few other limiting factors and several tiers of access to limit what the salespeople can see.

Thanks to Henric's post on a different forum, I learned that you can achieve data reduction using multiple fields by creating an authorization key that combines the two fields such that there is one unique value (i.e. "REGION|SALESPERSON"). I've been able to get this to work, but it only works for the first instance loaded into the app.

Let's say I set myself as "Salesman X" in "Region X" and another developer as "Salesman B" in "Region B". When I load the data model and open the application, the data I see is restricted to "Salesman X"'s accounts in "Region X". However, the other developer who should see "Salesman B"'s accounts in "Region B" is also seeing the same thing I see - he is seeing "Salesman X"'s accounts in "Region X". I need to get this fixed to where a unique value will be associated with each username denoted in the section access Excel file.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thank you

Labels (3)
0 Replies