Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
desc
Contributor
Contributor

Data sources

Hi,

When creating a data source from a database e.g. Sql server, what is best practice in terms of the user/ owner of the data source? For example is it better to use a generic account specifically for data source creation (where the data sources are centrally managed) or just allow everyone to create their own data source under their own credentials. 

Either way I assume we would need grant users who are allowed to develop reports access to these data sets is that right?

Sorry if this is obvious we have just started our qlik journey!

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Bastien_Laugiero

Hello, 

In my opinion there are no best way, it really depends on what type of access you want to provide. 

If you want to provide self service access to the developer on the platform, then it is perhaps better to let them create their own data connections. You can implement some periodic review to remove unused apps/data connections to keep the platform clean. 

If you want a more structured way for developing the application, then you can have an admin creating a set of available data connection and grant access to them to the developer. 

Hope this helps!

Bastien Laugiero
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Bastien_Laugiero

Hello, 

In my opinion there are no best way, it really depends on what type of access you want to provide. 

If you want to provide self service access to the developer on the platform, then it is perhaps better to let them create their own data connections. You can implement some periodic review to remove unused apps/data connections to keep the platform clean. 

If you want a more structured way for developing the application, then you can have an admin creating a set of available data connection and grant access to them to the developer. 

Hope this helps!

Bastien Laugiero
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT.