Skip to main content
Announcements
NEW: Seamless Public Data Sharing with Qlik's New Anonymous Access Capability: TELL ME MORE!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AleCruc94
Contributor III
Contributor III

Date Field

Hi everyone, 

I am trying to create a unique field for the Date field for all tables I have. My current is the following:

- a table which has a Date  (DataPL) field for which the revenues I need is a progressive measure at each date  

- a table which as a Date field (DataC) for which the revenues I need is not a progressive measure at each date  

- a table for the trading budget for which I have all dates from the first of the year to the last day 

- a table for the budget of sales for which I have all dates from the first of the year to the last day 

Until today i have created distinct sheets, one for each table so that i used/filtered  the related field and than i obtained data. But today I have to put in the same sheet all revenues coming from these tables so that i would like to have a unique field of "Date" in order to make just a one qlik and i obtain all data. 

do you have possible solution to related these different date fields?

thanks in advance 

Alessandra

4 Replies
AleCruc94
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

*my current situation

dplr-rn
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

So my understanding is that you have multiple date fields and you want to have flexibility to handle them.
I would suggest using canonical date. check below blog from @hic

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Design-Blog/Canonical-Date/ba-p/1463578
AleCruc94
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I did in this way.. I don't know if it is the best way but it seems to work correctly.

i Create in the script a master calendar with start_date/min_date = 1/1/2019 (example) and max_date = the maximun date of the interested table. Then in each sheet, for each measure ,  i create a set analysis int he following way:

sum({$<dataPL = {$(vMaxDataCalendar)}>}Revenue)

and

sum({$<DataC = {"<= $(vMinDataCalendar) >= $(vMaxDataCalendar)"}>}Revenues2)