Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rwb139
Creator
Creator

Date Issue/Circular Reference

Hi Qlik Community,

I am having trouble with my date picker and circular reference issues. I have tried looking on the forms and followed some instructions but can't seem to get my issue resolved.

I have several tables, many of which are joined by "property_id" but also have many different types of data (preventing concatenation or joining). They also need to be joined by a common date as well so that my charts and metrics will be dynamic. However, when I try this, it causes a circular reference. I have tried solving this with set analysis to no avail, and am thus coming to you guys for aid. 

Below is a chart I'm trying to make dynamic.
The dimension field is: rent_roll_clean.param_to_date
My measure is: avg({<rent_roll_clean.param_to_date={">=$(=addMonths(max(report_date),-12)) <= $(=max(report_date))"}>}rent)

I have tried adjusting my dimension/measure and swapping the placement of my "report_date" and "rent_roll_clean.param_to_date" but can't seem to make my data work. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

rwb139_0-1613060853846.png

EDIT: The date picker I have is based on the report_date field as well.

1 Reply
morgankejerhag
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi, this is probably a larger question regarding your data model. You either need to explain the app in detail or reach out to someone that knows more of Sense.

Morgan Kejerhag
Senior Business Intelligence Consultant
Drake Analytics
http://www.drakeanalytics.se