Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DarrenMonroe
Contributor
Contributor

Date Time picker

Is there a way to have the chosen start and end dates in the datetime picker dashboard bundle write to variables?

I need to find a series of averages based on the selected ranges, but can't figure out how to reference them.

I am brand new to Qlik and am struggling my way through it.  Any help at all would be appreciated.

Thanks

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Rockstar7
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

@DarrenMonroe toggle the advance setup in the data picker to provide you desired start and end date

Rockstar7_0-1668338062610.png

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Rockstar7
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

@DarrenMonroe toggle the advance setup in the data picker to provide you desired start and end date

Rockstar7_0-1668338062610.png

Or
MVP
MVP

As far as I know, there is no way to use variables for the Date Picker. You can use Min() and Max() to get the max values, but do keep in mind that these may not be consistent with what the user actually clicked if some days do not have values associated with them. If this is critical, you may want to consider an island table for your dates and then use set analysis in your expressions, as this will allow you to use Min() and Max() to get the full range.

DarrenMonroe
Contributor
Contributor
Author

I really appreciate the quick responses.  I hadn't realized those values would change as the user made the selection.  I am very new to Qlik.